Sunday, September 20, 2020

I wrote the first post today after a hiatus of almost four years...

 I woke this morning after that dream and felt I needed to write it down.  My first thought was to dig out a notebook and write it there, and then I thought of texting it to a fellow teacher-friend, and then I realized that I could write a blog post about that dream and share it.

 I haven't written on my blog in... a very long time.  I looked, and I realized that the last time I wrote anything on this blog was 2016.  And so much has happened... and yet... so much feels the same.

  I worked, I slept, I ate, I did all the things I do--except for write.  I didn't write about any of it.  I don't have such a huge following here that anyone noted that I hadn't written anything in a long time--or, if they did notice, they didn't comment or ask or wonder in any way that I could tell.

  It's amazing that it's been so long.  I have no excuse, no real reason why I stopped writing, except that I didn't feel like it.  I didn't feel as though I had 1) anything to say and/or 2) anyone to listen to me say that I had nothing to say.

  So, if you had wondered about me at all, now you know the truth.  I was living my very routine life, and the very routineness of it all made me think I didn't have anything to talk about (or anything that anyone would want to hear/read about).

  I still don't know if I have anything to talk about that is worth reading, and I can't promise that I will begin writing on this blog again with any regularity, but I at least now have let you all (hi, Mom) that I still know how to post something.

  I am still building cathedrals and looking for ponies, and, I hope I can say this: 2020 must have a lot of ponies to find, what with all the digging through ... we're having to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment