Tuesday, January 13, 2015

My Digital Learning Plan for 2015 (or at least the start of a plan, anyway)

January's Blogging Challenge @TeachThought caught me off guard.  I had been invited for the November challenge, but I hadn't heard anything about January.  I suppose I could have looked to see if there were another blogging challenge, but I didn't think to do so until today. I totally was not in on this from the beginning, but I'm not going to go back to catch up on the first 12 days.

Day 13: What is one area of digital learning that you want to improve on in 2015? How are you going to do this?

With the continued growth of digital learning, I find that I am really trying to make it part of my classroom and teaching.  I have Chromebooks in my classroom, and I find that most of my students really enjoy having access to computers all the time.

This semester I've started using Google Classroom, and I like it.  I've been using it now for exactly six days, so I don't have a lot to say about it yet, but I do like that the students have one place they can check for their daily work as well as see right away what they have done or not done.  I also like the ease in which I am able to see the students' work and give feedback.  So, so far so good.

I'm becoming more and more a teacher who uses technology daily not just as a word processor.  That's what I would like to work more on this year, though.  I need to find more ways to use my Chromebooks than just as fancy typewriters.  I do use them for research and for quiz taking, but I know I could use them even more.

I plan to go to a Google Education workshop (in fact I've already signed up so that I can't "forget about it" when it gets too close to the day), so I hope that I will get a lot of new ideas to bring back to my classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment