Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Reflective Teaching: Day 10--5,4,3,2,1

Day 10--5,4,3,2,1

Share five random facts about yourself.
  • I have unintentionally memorized most of The Tragedy of Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare.
  • I enjoy matching my lanyards to my wardrobe.
  • I have books in every room in my house.
  • It bothers me that the three windows in my classroom are not centered on the wall.
  • I pretend to be more organized than I am.
Share four things from your bucket list.
  • I want to see the great cathedrals of Europe.
  • I would love to visit all the National Parks by rail.
  • I want to go to a show on Broadway.
  • I'd love visit Ireland.
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
  • I hope that I make a difference in the lives of my students.
  • I hope that my students will take the opportunities the year gives them to learn deeper, go further, and stand stronger than they ever have before.
  • I hope to be a better friend, daughter, sister, teacher, and person at the end of the year than I am at the beginning.
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator.
  • I have laughed because of the ludicrous things some of my students say and do.
  • I have cried because of the ludicrous things some of my students say and do.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
  • I wish more people (and by "people" I mean the person who came up with this particular prompt) would know that I don't like reflecting about myself.  I am not this kind of deep thinker.  Give me a poem to analyze or some interesting discussion about ideas and life and books--I'm all there.  Give me a prompt that asks me to think about myself, and I spend way too much time that I should be spending grading essays on trying to figure out the answers to the prompt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment