Monday, November 17, 2014

November Blogging Challenge: What a difference a year makes....

Day 17
One thing that is different from a year ago that I am grateful for...

Our school has undergone a lot of changes from last year to this one, so I could name any number of things that have changed, from staff and administrative changes to room changes.

view from new classroom door
One of the things that is different from a year ago that I am grateful for is my new classroom. My previous classroom was in a trailer. I didn't mind the trailer; in fact, it was nice.  I wouldn't have minded having a bathroom, but the trailer was okay. I shared the trailer with a computer lab.


view from my desk
But this year I'm in the main building.  I have a new classroom.  It is bigger than my trailer was.  I no longer have to go outside the building in the rain, sleet, and snow (like the Post Office).  I don't have to go inside the main building just to get to a restroom or to the teacher workroom.  Now I can just go down the hall.

My students no longer have to brave the rain and cold in order to get an education from me.  They get to come down a brand new hallway and enjoy a classroom that is unlikely to be blown away by a strong crosswind.  They can come to my class when it's storming out and not worry that they could be struck by lightning.  (You'd think that wasn't a possibility...but...there is a story behind that comment.)

While change is necessary, I don't often like it.  However, in this case, I am very grateful and feel very blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Nice!
    I love it Ms. Schneider, I'll have to stop by sometime. :)
    Jessycca H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessycca,
    You would be more than welcome to visit!
    Miss Schneider

    ReplyDelete